Meet the black shirts
Have you ever noticed the people running around your league night sporting black t-shirts? We hope so! They are Major League Bocce's famous Black Shirts. These outgoing volunteers run our divisions and help make your bocce night a memorable one. Our Black Shirts do it all - from organizing equipment to taking pictures at the bar. And next season your league's Black Shirt could be you!
join the black shirt team
Are you interested in donning a black shirt at your league night? We're always looking to recruit new volunteers! If you want to Black Shirt with us or are interested in learning more about the program, please contact us and we'll be in touch!
Roles You Play:
qualities you possess:
benefits to you:
- HOST the weekly bocce party
- FACILITATE games and good times
- REPRESENT Major League Bocce
- Outgoing - you enjoy social interaction
- Organized - you can keep track of equipment, scores, etc.
- Social Consumer of Alcohol - you like to drink in public
- Decisive - you can make decisions on the spot & stick to your guns
- Committed - you are a fan of bocce and have time to make it a success
- FREE bocce for the season ($50-$70 value)
- Weekly bar tab up to $35/week
- Status - you will be recognized as the life of the party at bocce
- Leadership Skills - use your experience as a resume-builder
black shirt overview
Read through the list below for a basic outline of Black Shirt responsibilities. Details vary from location to location, but this is a good overview:
- Manage bocce equipment
- Manage games (match teams with opponents, start and end games on time)
- Answer questions about the rules
- Collect score sheets
- Take team photos during games and at the bar
- Be knowledgeable about the Major League Bocce program (sponsors, specials, ticket contest, prizing, parties, etc.)
- Be social and interact with teams
- Hand out t-shirts at the beginning of the season
next level: manage a division!
Each of our divisions has a manager to oversee the league from week to week. Armed with a bocce credit card and leadership skills, these Black Shirts are the point of contact for the division. Division Managers have a few extra responsibilities, which take approximately 1 hour per week to execute outside of their bocce night.
- Send a weekly email to your division
- Updates scores after games
- Post league photos to social media
- Manage the weekly bar tab at the bar
- Manage the Black Shirt crew
- Communicate with Major League Bocce staff in order to keep us up-to-date on equipment needs, bocce-night incidents, issues with the bar, etc.